WICHITA FALLS, TX (TNN) – Icy precipitation is expected t
o fall Tuesday morning. TxDOT has spent the Monday treating roads with brine.
They have already pretreated a few bridges and overpasses in Wichita County, Clay County, Archer County, And Wilbarger County.
TxDOT’s Public Information Officer Adele Lewis stated they’ll be monitoring road conditions overnight and will begin installing more magnificent work to deal with the roads as soon as the icy weather hits in the morning.
For folks that have to trip Tuesday, TxDOT has suggestions on how to stay secure on the street:
– Plan your course of time.
– Staying up to date at the climate conditions outdoor which you may do on the First Alert 6 Weather App. Give your self more time to get in which you are going; put together for delays.
– Dive slowly. Do not use cruise manage. Accelerate and damage slowly. If you discover yourself in a skid maintain both arms on the wheel, take your foot off the gas, and steer inside the path you want to move.
– Prep your vehicle through checking its antifreeze, battery, tires, windshield wipers and brake lighting.
– Be sure to have an emergency roadside package that includes water, snacks, and blankets.